Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Friday, January 9, 2009

YMCA

Whew! We all just got back from the Y, and I'm both disappointed/sad and proud. How is that you may ask? Well, unfortunately I have gotten SO out of shape that after playing basketball with John for about 15 minutes and hitting the elliptical for another 15, I felt dizzy. I had to sit down directly in front of a fan to cool off. I was completely red-faced (that's not abnormal though, as it takes very little for that). We did a lot of upper body stuff after that, and I had to take it slow, as my legs were still shaking. We ended the night in the sauna for about 15 minutes. That was nice and relaxing and I got to read some more. (BTW, I'm reading "Sophie's Choice at the moment- so far, so good)

I'm proud because I went...and stuck with it. John says tomorrow we'll go and work on our legs. Pray I do better. :)

The kids stayed in the Kids Zone and played and did activity sheets. They had fun I beelieve.

At any rate, I'm trying. I think my biggest thing now will just be sticking to it, drinking LOTS more water, and smaller portions. I was cursed with what my mom calls the "Abernathy appetite." I LOVE FOOD. I can't help it. I'm hoping somehow to eat without going overboard. But I no longer know what is an appropriate portion. :(

My friend, Vannessa, is getting married in June (up from December- thought I had more time!! Love her, but she's killing me here!) I am to be her matron of honor, and I want to feel great in the dress and look good for her pictures. It's going to be hard. So all the encouragement and advice you have to give, will be MUCH appreciated.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I know some babies that are dealing with RSV right now, and I ask that you all keep them in your prayers too.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment