Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Trying to Understand...and coming up short

This is a blog post I had on Myspace and is something I'm still asking myself. I want to clarify one thing and say that I know that Christians are not perfect. I am not perfect and I sin. But these are some big issues that have been coming up a lot lately in the world, and I feel should be out there for others to see and think about in their own lives.

I cannot tell you how absurd it is when I hear someone admit to believing in God, and then having no shame in saying that homosexuals should be allowed to change marriage from being between one man and one woman to whomever you choose. It is absurd to say you believe in God, and then say you see no problem with abortion. It's absurd to me to say God is real and alive, and then believe it's okay to "steal" my money and give to others or invest it for my future.
I understand to a degree why some believe it's okay to steal from the rich to give to the poor. Here is the problem with that. Some poor people aren't doing enough for themselves. God said that if we don't work, we shouldn't eat.
I understand that though some poor are working and trying to make it, times get tough. I fall into this category myself. As Christians we are told to take care of these people, and I am fine with my time and money going towards causes such as these. I believe it is the servant attitude God commands of us to do such acts. Money is not always the answer. Time sometimes is required of ourselves. Often a caring, listening ear goes a long way in serving others. But regardless what we do and use, it should be left to us to do...not the government to say how our money should be used. As Christians, how is this being a servant, if we aren't the ones actually serving? It means more to us when we serve and it means more to others when they see we care enough to do so.
Have you ever listened to Dave Ramsey talk about credit cards/debit cards? He says to spend cash more often, because you will actually see your money being handed over. You will feel that pinch in your pocket much more than if you hand over plastic. The government is taking our money, but they're using plastic. They are not thinking as much about how this money is being used- if it's being used as sparingly as needed or if it's being used in a way where it's stretched. And it NEVER teaches or helps the underlying problems in those that are poor.
So....in regards especially to abortion and gay "marriage" and also being a believer in Christ, where is the line? Have you drawn a line in the sand that states that while you believe in a God, you don't believe in his commandments? Do you not believe He'll keep his promises? Do you believe in God, but not Hell and Heaven?
I really do want to know. It's unfathomable to me. This is not a republican thing, nor a democrat thing. This is something I've noticed in both parties.
So, speak. Possibly enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment