Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Styrofoam is Evil

Kids will always make messes. This is something as a parent you just realize and deal with as it comes. Today, Savannah took it to a new level. I'm used to toys everywhere, clothes (clean and dirty) thrown all around their room, crumbs on and under the table....but today I had to clean up millions of tiny pieces of styrofoam from the carpets. In fact, I think there are still pieces in her hair as well, that keeps falling out as she jumps around. (Guess I'll be vacuuming those later too). I should have thought a little bit longer about letting her open a certain box. I knew it was encased in the molded styrofoam, but knowing I'd already pulled it out once (and stupidly, put it back for the time being) without trouble.....well, obviously I underestimated the whole situation. She literally dug out the item, instead of pulling the whole thing out and easily pulling the styrofoam from the wanted object. Also, it's not the easiest thing vacuuming up tiny pieces of styrofoam. It is so light weight that the fan from the vacuum actually blows it around. And as you roll over it with the vacuum, it tends to just get pushed down and not blown up. (This part may be because I'm fairly certain I need to change my vacuum bag, but it was my last one and I had to make do). I finally got it all "basically" cleaned up and made Vannah go around on her hands and knees picking up the rest...like those pesky pieces that are just out of reach under couches, etc.

I love that lil girl, but she just had no concept of the level of difficutly this would cause me. I actually think she dug more out than needed and rolled in it. I can't imagine how else so much got in her hair and on her clothes...and ya know, that stuff clings to ya.

....buzzing around......

Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment