Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Singing in the Shower

My girls are ages 4 and 5 and tonight is the first night they have ever taken a shower by themselves! WHAT A MILESTONE! To be honest, I wasn't sure what the "preferred age" that this is supposed to happen. The girls have taken a few showers with me before. I've never really cared for these few times; either one or all of us get cold at some point and/or shampoo in the eyes. ugh. But tonight they asked to take a shower and I said I wasn't going to take one with them, so they decided they could do it on their own. So we let them. They did everything, minus turning the water on and adjusting it to a correct temperature. I'm very proud of them. I think they really enjoyed it too. They always do when it's apparent that they are becoming more independent. If only I could get this to roll over to them cleaning their room! ;)

On another note, John rented a Wii for 2 weeks. He's really had the bug to play some video games. I don't usually care for them and don't want us owning any. I mean let's face it, we find enough things to preoccupy us from doing the things that need to be done around here as it is! But it's been kinda cool having the game. I don't care to actually play many of the games that are out on the market, but the Wii Sports is fun. Kylei doesn't do to terribly at tennis, even though this is her first time really playing any gaming system. Savannah has a tougher time figuring it out, but is okay at boxing. Big surprise that our "lil fighter" would enjoy that huh? ;)

Tomorrow will be my second time helping with Children's Ministry. I hope it goes a little smoother this week.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. God Bless!!

~Queen Bee~

1 comment:

  1. We have a wii- but, I , being the mommy, rarely ever get to play!

    Tatum has been taking a shower on her own for about 6 months- she absolutely loves to take showers- and she truly gets alot cleaner!

    ReplyDelete