Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Day Three

...of getting my weight under control.

This morning at 8:35 a.m. I went to the gym with my friend, Dovie, who has been helping me in this endeavor and we took a Zumba class. (How's that for an early morning wakeup) Zumba is a Latin-infused cardio dance. It was a lot of fun but it sure got me hot and sweaty! :)

After class, Dovie and I went to Wal-Mart where she helped me by showing me what to eat, what not to eat, and she gave me advice that she learned from L.A. Weightloss which is the PPVVVFFFSSD method.

P=Protein
V=Vegetable
F=Fruit
S=Startch
D=Dairy

Every day you eat 2 servings of Protein, 3 servings of Vegetables, and so on.
And you drink at least 64 oz water a day. You need to add some fat to your diet, but not a lot. So eat red meat or pork ONCE a week and on that day, do NOT have it with potatoes.

So...all that starts today. John is probably going to have a cow when he sees that I bought about $100 in groceries. We all knew this, but it's not cheap to eat healthy. Those fruits and fresh veggies cost $$. But I feel it's worth it, and I think we can afford to do it if we stop going out to eat so much.

Dovie also gave me a pedometer right before we walked into the gym (8:25). As of right now (1:44), I've taken 11,207 steps!! Can you believe it!? You are supposed to take atleast 10,000 a day so I'm definitely okay today.

The classes at the gym have been really great. The worst part has been my leg calves...they've been taking a beating and barely allow me to walk in the mornings or if I've been sitting awhile. I know it'll get better soon though.

Bad part of the day: I weighed myself. I am about 10 lbs heavier than I thought I was. :( It's a darn good thing I'm working hard to tackle this weight now, cuz it's B A D !!

_________________

Side note: John's grandmother (nearly 90) fell yesterday and broke her hip. She is having surgery today so please pray for her and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment