Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dare to Ask for What You Want

That was the theme for today and oddly enough I saw it on a poster in the school office. I went to Richland School today and talked to the principal. She was very welcoming and seemed pleased that I had come in. She did inform me that she has 3 teachers retiring in December and 1, possibly 2 retiring at the end of this year. She also said that in the next 2-3 years she was fairly certain other teachers that have been working for 35 years or so were probably on their way out and that she'd be doind even more hiring! So, I was thankful to hear that even if it doesn't happen this year, the possibility is even greater that it could be in tne near future.

She said she was impressed with my resume and wrote down when I'd be graduating. She asked if I knew where I'd be doing my student teaching. Unfortunately, I live in a different county and have been told they always keep you in the county you live in. I did inform her that I was hoping to substitute some before January in her school. She said that would be great and as how she's not the type of pricipal to sit in her office, she'd get to see how I am in the classroom.

After talking some, I was able to tell her who my family is and she goes to church with my grandmother and she went on and on about her. My grandmother was a teacher as well as one of my aunt's. She noted that teaching was probably in my blood. :)

All in all, I was VERY pleased by the exchange and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and praying that I do great this year in school and that at the end of it all, I will be asked to teach there.

************

I went to Step & Sculpt class tonight and this is always my hardest class and it didn't let me down. Dovie (my friend and instructor) kicked my butt! I was so worn out and SO glad when the class was over. :) I'm always glad that I went and did it though when it's all said and done. Zumba tomorrow- yay!

************

The girls go to school tomorrow for a 1/2 day. It's so hard for me to believe that BOTH my girls will be going. Savannah told me today that she is REALLY EXCITED! I am so glad. Kylei's looking forward to it too. :)

So good luck to all the parents and theh kids that are heading back to school. Hope this is a good year for us all!

~Queen Bee~

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I'm so psyched for you! Do they really only hire you for the county you live in? Is this a new development? When I was in high school my spanish teacher lived in Huntsville and my chemistry teacher in Lawrence County.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    You do your student teaching in the county you live in. I can be hired to any school in TN that's willing to have me and I'm willing to drive to. Sorry if I didn't explain that well in the post.

    ReplyDelete