Did You Know?

There have been
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
divorces in the U.S.
so far this year.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sacrifice

I know in life there are those things that we do because they are FOR the greater good of our family. That doesn't mean they are easy though.

I have been in school for the last 5 years. In that time, there have been a lot of nights and weekends where I've had to give up time with my kids and husband to work on assignments. Be that as it is, I was able to attend MOST of the activities that the kid's school offered for parents to be involved with....until now.

Student teaching doesn't allow me the time to go to "Favorite Gal Day" or the "Teddy Bear Picnic" or any of the other things that I have missed with my kids. My mom has had to be the stand in. I am thankful that my mom is a big part of my children's lives, but it doesn't make it easier to allow somebody to go in your stead.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your soul!! It's definitely hard. I know. This last year has been the first time I've gotten to taste being at home. It's nice to be able to do those things, but I know they will be greatful that you are trying to provide better for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish I could have Everything, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, the fact that your heart aches to be there in person demonstrates that you have the heart of a great mom. Sadly, there are people with kids who consider it a burden to attend these sorts of events in their kids lives. And you're not missing out of neglect or disinterest. You missing because you're working on something that can make things even better for your daughters in the big picture. Of course your heart hurts when you miss stuff. But don't kick yourself for it because your daughters are blessed to have you nonetheless.

    And the most important thing is: don't stop blogging (especially on tumblr!)!

    =o)

    --Guy

    ReplyDelete